Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Rosendale Mines

Starting to investigate some of the old cement mines in the Rosendale, NY area.  I'm doing this both as a personal and professional (as a geologist) interest.  I actually live in the greater township of Rosendale and have been in a few of them over the years but there are still a lot I've never entered and examined in any detail.

Scouted the area around Joppenbergh Mountain with some people today.


Entered a couple of smaller mines including this adit.

Adit ending at the water table under Joppenbergh Mountain (click to enlarge)

So, if anyone is knowledgeable about locations of old mines, drop me a line, I'd love to chat with you about them.  Even better if you have access to any of the mines.  One of the things I'm especially interested in doing is tying names to the mines so I can do some historical research.

No comments:

Post a Comment