Friday, October 15, 2010

Author photo?

So my publisher is finally going to get my book going on the geology of the Hudson Valley.  I submitted this over a year and a half ago to a regional press and they did warn me that it would be a while before they could publish it (and the economic downturn last year slowed down their production schedule).  They did call me last week, however, and are ready to get moving (they basically only do one book at a time).

I'm excited and all ten or so of you loyal blog readers will be the first to know when it becomes available.

I was thinking of the dust cover author photo...  What about this one?

Steven Schimmrich is a geologist outstanding in his field

Get it?  I'm out standing.  In my field (it's in front of my house).  I thought it was amusing.  To give credit, the idea came from here (I'm sure the book will have a picture of me on a rock).  I'm not sure the photo was worth it, I had to brush two ticks off me after taking it!

1 comment:

  1. I like it, but I think a picture of you in the Shawangunks somewhere would be a better fit.

    ReplyDelete