Saturday, July 20, 2013

I wish I could make morons disappear...

Lest you think I make this shit up, check the links.  Dan Delzell is a pastor at Wellspring Lutheran Church in Papillion, Nebraska.  He's also a regular columnist for a publication called the Christian Post.

Delzell wrote a bizarre little column last week - "The Illusion That Seduces and Bewitches Magicians."  In his article, he wrote:

"I had never heard of the magician, Dynamo, until I read about how he floated alongside a double-decker bus in London recently. I watched the video. Personally, I think it was legit. I believe this was a paranormal event and an authentic example of levitation."

Delzell continued...

"Whether the levitation is experienced by young girls playing a dangerous occult "game" at a slumber party, ("Light as a feather, Stiff as a board") or by street magicians as shown on YouTube videos, paranormal things happen when people engage in practices that are rooted in sorcery, magic and witchcraft. Many magicians and other occultists have experienced levitation and various forms of supernatural power. These sorcerers typically cast spells or perform other rituals in an attempt to conjure the power to accomplish these feats. It is becoming more and more commonplace to see such expressions of magical performance."

My only response, in my best George Takai voice, is simply "Oh my!"

So, what's this "paranormal event" he's talking about?  A quick YouTube search yielded the following video ad for Pepsi with Dynamo "levitating" alongside a London bus.  I assume this is what Delzell was referring to in his column:


Yes, there are people walking our streets, people who look perfectly normal and hold responsible jobs (like Lutheran pastor and columnist), who believe this little stunt was DONE WITH ASSISTANCE FROM THE PRINCE OF HELL, SATAN HIMSELF!


If you want to have your illusions shattered, read about how this trick (yes, it's a trick) is done.  Of course the true believer will just argue that while some may do these cheap tricks, Dynamo performed a secret ceremonial rite to sell his soul to Satan for the chance to star in a Pepsi commercial.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is with this particular blog post but every single fucking day I get anonymous comments from stupid fucking asshole cunt spammers who want to paste spam ads her for their shit. Fuck off and die you stupid fucking fuckers - my comments are moderated and you will never successfully post here you shit-eating assholes. Do I make my disdain for you bottom-feeding pig fuckers clear enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but god damn I really want to place a bullet in the forehead of each one of these shit-headed, microcephalic spammers.

      Delete