Monday, November 8, 2010

Fall Back

I hate the fall time change back to standard time.  I woke up earlier than I had to this morning since my internal clock is still on daylight savings time.  And it was bright outside way too early.  I'd much rather have some sunlight later in the day rather than leaving work in the dark (to hell with those kids waiting outside for the bus in the dark in the morning - give them flashlights!).

The real problem, of course, is that we're moving toward the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year when we'll only have about 9 hours of daylight.  That basically means many of us will be leaving home in the dark in the morning and returning in the dark each evening.  I personally find it very depressing and have to force myself to get outside in the middle of the day to get some sunlight.

What I really need is more money so I can vacation somewhere sunny in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment